Dr. Bajranglal Gupta was the founder Chairman of India Policy Foundation.
He did his post-graduation in Economics from Rajasthan University, Jaipur and received his Ph.D. from Kurukshetra University for his thesis on ‘Value of Distribution System in Ancient India’ in 1985.
With a long career in academics behind him, he retired as Associate Professor from Delhi University in 2005. He has written several books, innumerable articles, monographs, and papers. His notable publications include “Bharat ka Aarthik Itihas” or Economic History of India (Haryana Sahitya Academy, Chandigarh), Value and Distribution Systems in Ancient India (Gyan Publishing House, New Delhi) and Hindu Arthachintan or Hindu Economic Thought (Bharatiya Vichar Sadhana, Nagpur). Several books on Economics authored by him are prescribed as textbooks from high school to university level. He has been a frequent contributor of articles and essays in several newspapers, magazines, and journals. He has a deep understanding of Indian socio-cultural issues in addition to his vast knowledge of the Indian economy.
Dr. Bajranglal Gupta has been a guide and mentor to innumerable academicians, researchers, writers, activists and policymakers. He has given hundreds of keynote addresses at various universities and other academic bodies. He is also regularly invited to speak at seminars, conferences and important events.
Prof. Kapil Kapoor
Professor Kapil Kapoor is the Chairman of India Policy Foundation. He is a globally renowned scholar of linguistics, literature, religion and Indian Knowledge Traditions. Presently, he is Chairman of Indian Institute of Advanced Study, Shimla (H.P.). Before that he was Chancellor of Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Wardha (Maharashtra).
He was Professor of English at Centre for Linguistics and English, and Professor of Sanskrit at Centre for Sanskrit Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. He also served as the Pro-Vice Chancellor of Jawaharlal Nehru University.
During his research and teaching spanning more than five decades, he has mentored many doctoral and research scholars who are contributing as academics, administrators, and policy makers. He has been a visiting professor and speaker in many universities and conferences around the world. He is an editor of Sahitya Academy sponsored Encyclopaedia of Indian Poetics, a UNESCO project; and Editor-in-Chief of Parmarth Niketan/Indian Heritage Research Foundation (USA) sponsored 11-volume Encyclopaedia of Hinduism. He has also written several scholarly books and research papers.
- Chairman, from 2014 September to August 2016, MHRD Language Expert Committee for Comprehensive Language Policy for India
- Nominated Satindra Singh Noor Fellow, Punjabi University Patiala 2011-2013
- UGC Emeritus Fellow, JNU, New Delhi, 2007-2009.
- Visiting Professor, Irish Academy of Cultural Heritages, University of Ulster, U.K. (2005-2009)
- Nominated Member, External Adviser, India Studies, Trinity College, University of Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
- Nominated Birla Foundation Fellow in 2007
- Nominated Member Governing Body, Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS) Shimla, 2000-2004
- Nominated Member Governing Council, Indian Council of Philosophical Research (ICPR) 2002-2004
- Nominated Member, the Monitoring and Planning Committee of Central University of Higher Tibetan Studies, Sarnath and Member General Council.
- Nominated Member, Sanchi University Mentor Group (SUMG) and General Council, Sanchi University of Buddhist and Indic Studies, Sanchi, Madhya Pradesh
- Chairman, Editorial Committee of the Indian Historical Records Committee, National Archives, Govt of India
- Member, Standing Committee of the Indian Historical Records Committee, National Archives, Govt of India.
- Adviser CBSE New Delhi for English since 2000
- Nominated member, Academic Council of the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages, Hyderabad and of the Executive Council, Central University of Hyderabad
- 2012 honoured as a distinguished scholar by Kunwar Narendra Pratap Singh Kalyankari Trust Gorakhpur by Mahant Adityanath Yogi ji.
- 2010 by Shiksha Sanskriti Utthana Nyasa for contribution to Indian education.
- 2011 honoured at Maria Louis a University Los Angeles by the Uberoi Foundation California USA for his contribution to Linguistics and Indic Civilization Studies.
- 2003 by MHRD, India, for his contribution to Sanskrit Studies
Academic / Research /Administration Experience
- Former Rector (Pro-Vice-Chancellor) JNU from 1999-2002,
- Dean of the School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, JNU, from 1996-1999,
- Professor of English, Centre for Linguistics and English, and Concurrent Professor, Centre for Sanskrit Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.
- Dean, School of Language, Literature and Culture Studies, JNU, 1997– 1999
- Chairman, Centre for Linguistics and English 1977-1982, Jan–May 1997
- Visitor’s Nominee on JNU Executive Council 1977-79
- Core Member, Curriculum Development Committee for Sanskrit, UGC, 2000.
- Member, UGC Committee for Orissa University of Culture, 2001.
- Member, UGC Review Committee for Punjab University, 2001.
- Member, X Plan UGC Committee for University of Manipur, 2002.
- Convener, X Plan Committee for University of Kashmir, Srinagar,
- Convener, X Plan Committee for Tamil University, Thanjavur. 2007
- Convener, XI Plan Committee North Gujarat University, Patan, 2007/8.
Teaching Experience: 59 years - been teaching since 1960;
- Delhi University 1962-1971
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) 1972-2005
- Visiting Professor Bhagat Phool Singh Mahila Vishwavidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, Haryana 2010-2014
- 50 years since the M.LITT degree, 1968-1970, from Delhi University
- PhD Guidance at JNU: 37 PhD, 30 M.PHIL awarded.
Publications and Research
- 14 Major Books Up to 2017
- 100+ Articles
- 100+ Invited Keynote Addresses/Lectures
Books and Monographs:
- Books: (After 2005)
- Mutual Regard: An Anthology of Indo-Irish Writings. (ed.) DK Printworld (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2017
- Indravijayam: The India Narrative. (Translated from Sanskrit). Rupa Publications. Delhi. 2017
- Encyclopedia of Hinduism (11 Volumes). RUPA. New Delhi 2012. International Edition, Mandala Publications USA 2013.
- Rati-Bhakti in India’s Narrative Traditions [Hindi] written as a Birla Foundation Fellow, 2007 – 2008. DK Printworld (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2011.
- Dimensions of Panini Grammar: Indian Grammatical System. DK Print world (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2005
- Text and Interpretation: The Indian Tradition. DK Print world (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2005.
- Indian Knowledge Systems (2 Vols.), (edited) DK Print world (P) Ltd. New Delhi. 2005.
- Earlier books include:
- Semantic Structure and the Verb: A Propositional Analysis. New Delhi: Intellectual Publishers, 1985.
- Grading Criteria for Neo-Literate Materials (Co-author, Prof. Mushtaque Ahmad). New Delhi: Jamia University Press, 1987.
- English in India, ed. (Co-editor, Dr. R. S. Gupta). New Delhi: Academic Foundation, 1991.
- Language, Linguistics and Literature: The Indian Perspective. New Delhi: Academic Foundation, 1994.
- South-Asian Love Poetry, ed. (Co-editor, Dr. S. K. Sareen). New Delhi: Affiliated East-West Press, 1994.
- Canonical Texts of English Literary Criticism with Selections from Classical Poeticians, ed. (Co-editor, Mrs. Ranga Kapoor). New Delhi: Academic Foundation, 1995.
- Literary Theory, Indian Conceptual Framework. New Delhi: Affiliated East-West Press, 1998.
- Indian Tradition of Language Studies and Contemporary Relevance. Anand: HM Patel Institute of English, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidyanagar, 1998.
- Knowledge, Individual and Society in Indian Traditions. Chandigarh: Saini Memorial Foundation Lecture, Punjab University, 2002.
- Abhinavagupta Manuscripts (After 2017)
Dr. Rakesh Sinha
Dr. Rakesh Sinha was the first Director of India Policy Foundation. Few months after formation of IPF Trust, the Trustees gave him the responsibility of IPF honorary director and he worked at IPF for nearly a decade till he was nominated to Rajya Sabha by the Honourable President of India.
He is a prolific writer, speaker, debater and now a prominent parliamentarian. He has been the University topper and has obtained his PhD on ‘Ideological and Organisational Transformation of CPI (M)’. Armed with an excellent academic record, Dr. Sinha has written several books and monographs including the biography of RSS founder Dr. K.B. Hedgewar. Other prominent books written by him are ‘Sangh aur Rajniti’, ‘Rajniti aur Dharmnirpekshta’ and ‘Secular India: Politics of Minorityism’. His articles on contemporary issues have regularly featured in newspapers and magazines and he is a well known participant in discussions on national and international news channels.